Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My First Experience With The Wacom Tablets

Using the Wacom tablets for the first time was challenging. I'm left handed when it comes to writing or drawing on a piece of paper, but on the computer I use my right hand. When we finally got to use the tablets, learning how to move the mouse with my right to click on things on the screen while using the pen with my left to draw was hard. The pointer would not move anywhere or move erratically because the mouse and the pen were fighting to control it just like a tug-of-war match. Another problem I had to overcome was to avoid hitting the buttons on the pen, which were assigned to the undo and sample functions, with my fingers while drawing or painting. I've found myself puzzled many times as to why parts of my paintings that I have recently done would vanish and sometimes the brush would paint with another color that I did not even select. It was a good experience overall and now that I've gotten the hang of it, I'm planning on buying a tablet so I can do some digital art at home.

No comments: